Thursday 19 September 2013

Working on my Typography



 
 Yesterday I was working on my typography so I spelled out my name using Newplast. I used thin wire to keep up the dots of the I's. I tried to record myself splashing paint onto the letters, but if was a fail.
 
 





 
The picture above was taken after my first try of splashing the paint. The outcome was good but the video was terrible because I could see my shadows and the buckets of paint too. The pink paint also needed to be watered down more because it was too thick and wouldn't drip properly. So that was a complete fail.
 
After having washed the letters and boards I tried it once more. The boards lost some of their black paint though so there were some smudges on the board in the other video.


The second time it worked slightly better and you almost couldn't see my shadow but the force of the paint falling made the S fall over straight away. Apart from that it was nearly good enough. The paint was running better this time. The picture I took makes it look more gorey than it actually was in person. I will try the paint thing again when I get home on the weekend. Hopefully it will work out better on Sunday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment