Monday 23 September 2013

Talk about our Logo Brief

We got a talk about Our logo Brief today and our tutor showed us key points on a power point to help us think of a logo. He mentioned that overall our group is not doing enough research. 

Some important Key Points:

  • Keep in mind what's interesting to you as an audience
  • Simplify and focus
  • What's your character good at, comfortable with? Throw the opposite at them!
  • Let it go if it's not perfect. No work is ever wasted.
  • Make a List of Don'ts
  • Know yourself
  • Pull apart the stories you like
  • Put it on paper
  • Get the obvious out of the way. Surprise yourself!
  • Got to identify the situations
  • What's the essence of the Brand?


I think those key points will help me when I will do further research for this project. Afterwards he showed us videos about good stories as some key points were more based on story writing rather than making a logo. He showed us the start of  the Movie 'UP' which has very good storytelling and it needs no explanations as it is explained visually. This clip was also shown:





I put that video in because I find it funny :P


Paul said that the logo idea which I had didn't represent me in anyway and told me that the logo doesn't have to involve my initials. I thought my initials had to be part of the logo so I will do more research from now on.  I was told to write a list of things which I like so I am working on that right now. Later on today when I get home I will take pictures of my room, clothes and some of my stuff because those things are all part of what I am. 









No comments:

Post a Comment