Saturday 1 February 2014

Lens Based Media Brief


For this Lens Based Media Brief we are required to:

  1. Write down a list of scenes which we would like to investigate as part of our Animated Short. We should also include a list of objects/features and or characters which play an important role in your story. Fictional or nor please write down their characteristics and features.                                                            
  2. Then we have to select a series of real locations which have similar or sympathetic qualities to those listed above. Consider that these locations may have one or all of the required qualities. We also have to consider that any character or features we would like to photograph may be captured through photographing non-related personnel or subject matter.                                                                       
  3. We then have to build a portfolio of 12 photos from which we can use as reference. It is paramount that these photos express more than simple documentation and collectiveness. They must be crafted and composed with a developed understanding of how your shots may eventually materialise. 




Camera shots which I might consider for my animation:

  • Long shot
  • Dutch tilt shot
  • point of view
  • close up
  • Extreme close up
  • Bird's eye
  • Worm's eye
  • Medium close up
  • Wide shot
  • Over shoulder shot
  • Track out track in
  • Zoom out zoom in
  • One point perspective
  • Fish eye
  • Low angle

The most important object in my animation are the binoculars which will enable the main character to see a situation from a different point of view. 

Most of the Settings for my animations will be in alleyways which is why I have many pictures of alleyways and dodgy- looking places. 

My animation has three main characters and they are the only characters from which the faces will be shown throughout my animation. I am still unsure of their details, such as names and age but I have a clear idea of what they could look like. 

Characters:

The main character has what I call a Lazy-green- Mohawk which slightly hangs down over his face and is in his late teens (17 or 18). His height is in the middle and he doesn't look weak or strong. He Loses his temper easily and his face expression always looks kind of angry and annoyed and he has a stretcher and a bar in his left ear. He wears an open shirt with a t-shirt underneath and wears straight cut pants with boots. Looks a bit like a punk. 

The second most important character is the one who gets beaten up by the main character. He is much taller and has a better built than him and is around 20. Even though he looks strong he is actually weak. He always wears a blue baseball cap sideways and vans (shoes). His jumper and pants are baggy and he has a lazy personality. Looks a bit like the skater type. 

The third most important character is the girl who gets mugged at the end and saved by the main character. Her name is Ashi and she has vibrant bright pink hair which matches her personality. She is wearing a loose top over her shorts and wears converse (shoes). She is 19 and is kind of short. This character is based on a friend of mine. 



The 12 pictures which I chose: 

Since my settings are different type of alleyways, there are also many different pictures which I took of alleyways.


I want one of the settings to look similar to this one. One side an abandoned house and on the other side a graffiti wall. 


Old shed and gate covered in colourful graffiti.


I want to use this kind of camera angle in one of my scenes to just show the main character walking. 


Abandoned train station building.


Interesting angle and graffiti.


More nice graffiti.


I want to use a camera shot like this of the main character in my animation. 


I might use an angle like this for my animation.


Creepy looking alleyway with main character standing against the wall with only a bit of street light.


Bow of an alleyway which looks cool and mysterious.  


I want to use a low-angle shot at some part of the animation when the binoculars will be on the floor. 


I want to use this kind of face close-up for some characters. The person in the picture is the one the female character in my story is based on. 








Some more pictures which I took: 
































No comments:

Post a Comment