Tuesday 3 December 2013

Eiko Ishioka-my Favourite Fashion Designer



I came across this great Fashion Designer after watching the movie "Mirror Mirror". I was so fascinated by her Costumes that I immediately looked up who the Designer for them was after watching the movie. It turns out she has won four Awards throughout her life for costume Design and one of them was from "Mirror Mirror". The clothes she Designs are so interesting and unique. I feel like she is definately my favourite Fashion Designer and I don't usually have any interests in Fashion. She was born in Tokyo and sadly, after looking her up further, she died in 2012 due to pancreatic cancer, I thought she was still alive so it's a pity I would have loved to see  further works she could have created.



Here are a few costumes that were in the movie "Mirror Mirror" ( I think they are so amazing):






Here are some more of her Designs:




I think I might Design a character for an animation some day and make the character were a dress inspired by some of her works. 




No comments:

Post a Comment