Thursday 23 April 2015

Work Experience Progress

Below is a synopsis of what has been going on at the work placement over the last 3.5
 weeks at Cork Marketing. 

At the moment I have nothing to show until the websites go online. My work at cork marketing starts at 9.30am and ends around  5-6pm except on Fridays, were we finish at 4pm. The very first task I was given was to design an advertising banner for a the fitness website. I also made the head banner for above the menu bar for the fitness website.The next tasks involved making a Logo for the Partners in Fashion shop. I then had to design an advertisement banner for Diamond Glaze. The banner had to fit a lot of information into a small space. It had to say Car-skin Diamond Glaze, that it lasts up to 12 months, that it can be bought online and that it costs 45 euro. When working on the Diamond Glaze banner I learned a few useful things on Photoshop, for example how to add a shadow to things and how to use the pen tool properly. Since the programmer was very busy I added some text to the fitness website for her. I then had to design a logo for Osleder which is a company that sells lights. The logo could not be changed too much as the client wanted it to stay blue and black. I then had to design a Logo for Santry's Pharmacy. I then had to find a better colour combination for a construction site. My laptop had several blue screens until it decided to work again (it's dying). I had to slightly change the colour of the fitness banner to a darker red. I also had to come up with a better layout for the actual Cork Marketing Website. The Diamond Glaze Banner went online on the 9th of April. The background colour of the Partners in Fashion Logo was changed on request of the client. One of my colleague showed me how to use the feather tool. I had a look at a tyre logo and came up for a few ideas to redesign it but I came to the conclusion that the original logo was fine the way it was and didn't need any changes. I learned how to curve fonts and write text in circular shapes in Photoshop thanks to trying to improve the tyre Logo. I then designed a  moving Logo for a Pump Website. Through making the Pump Logo I learnt how to  export stuff keeping the  transparent background. The Partners in Fashion Logo went online on the 15th of April. I had to try to come up with a few ideas to improve the Sherkin Media Logo. I learnt how to make a half circle in Illustrator when creating the Logo for an Engineer Website. I helped to design a sample layout sheet with my colleague for a very important client. Right now I am editing video files of a homemade video my colleagues and me did for the Car-skin Diamond Glaze Product. Overall there was over 3 hours of footage so there is a lot of editing to do. I think that was all that happened over the last few weeks. 

Rendering the video files

1 comment:

  1. Wish I can express as you do. What a blog? Can you give the names of websites who are paying for bloggers? I am sure you must be making tons of money. I want to do the same, but in own sweet time. Meanwhile I have worked on my interests and posted some micro-jobs on Business Logo Design, freelance jobs online. Mostly I have my writing skills on offer. Many have responded. I am happy as anyone can be.

    ReplyDelete