Monday 4 November 2013

IDI Awards Final Animation

The Category I chose for the IDI Awards is Fashion Design. The message that I was trying to get across in my twelve second animation was that design is constantly changing, just like the seasons. Seasons also strongly affect Fashion because the clothing needs to suit the weather conditions...well in most cases anyway. I didn't want the character to just walk through the trees I wanted the trees to pass her, mostly just to suggest the time of the seasons passing. I had a lot of technical difficulties because my laptop was really......really slow and couldn't handle After Effects.

The Music was done by Nathan Walsh.
 
 
 
Here was my first try:
 
 
I am not sure if my second try was any better or worse but here it is anyway.
  
 
 
 
I drew the characters by hand and then scanned them and coloured them in on Photoshop. I then Imported them into Flash. The snowflakes, leaves and butterfly were also done on Flash and were later imported into After Effects. I created the rest of the animation  in 2.5 D on After Effects which was a pain because I had never done something like that before. It is not perfect but I learnt from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment