Tuesday 5 November 2013

Destino- Dali & Disney Animation

Dali and Disney worked together to create this animation. But because Disney didn't think it was suitable it wasn't released till 2003.
 
Because we are studying Surrealism at the moment, our tutor showed us this animation done by Dali. The animation contains parts that are often seen in Dali's paintings. Like ants crawling out of a hand and other dream-like stuff. The only things that make it Disney, in my opinion, is the style and the music used for it. Apart from that I think it mainly shows Dali's work rather than Disney's.
 
 
Personally I really like it. It was kind of weird and in parts reminded me of a Tim Burton Movie. I like the way the animations look kind of 3D. It's very short but good.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment