Friday 5 July 2013

Test figure Nathan :P






 I based this test figure after my long-haired boyfriend called Nathan. I chose the colours at random.


 After having made the skeleton, which consists of two metal wires wrapped around each other I put the new clay over it.


 I work on the torso first. Then when I am satisfied with it I work on his shoes,pants and then belt. The belt is to slightly cover up the smudged part where the torso and hip connects. It also makes his upper body look smaller and the proportion are a tiny bit better.                                                                                                                                                                              
The figures balance is good at the moment but it is still missing some body parts. The question is will it still have the same balance once it is finished.



I read that in Wallace & Gromit magnets were used to keep the characters in position. sadly I wont be able to use that method as the board that the set is on is too thick. 


After the legs torso and shoes are on the arms and hands are next. At last the head is added and then the hair. 

I have yet still to think about how I will do the characters eyes or mouth. I might just use clay for the eyes or maybe beads. 

Test subject Nathan turned out to be a success. Even if he doesn't have proper eyes or a mouth at the moment. 




At the end the figure still manages to stand and his arms and legs   
 can be easily bent without breaking. 




                                                                     






Bye for now  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment