Tuesday 2 July 2013

New Idea

I changed my mind about using Flash to do my Back to the Future scene, and instead I am thinking of doing a claymation. I researched how little figures were made for claymation before I tried to make a figure myself. Thsi time I am planing on using wire as a kind of  skeleton and newplast clay for the design of the characters. The wire should help with the movement of the clay figure.well to be honest I still don't know what that clay is made of but I thought it was the one that you could be put into the oven at 250oc for five minutes to make it harden...so I tried  it....my test piece came out ..as a blob. ha ha




The wire I used was too thin so I had to wrap two wires around each other. For the skeleton I made four separated parts which i then bent together. The clay was then wrapped around it. This test piece was then put into the oven for the hope it would go hard as I do not need movement in the upper body of the characters......


But this is what happened.... :P ....
it could be due to the wires that it got too hot and started  melting but I will try it out again but this time I will just throw in a piece of clay, in case it goes wrong again, so I wont just waste my time designing it. But if this oven thing doesn't work I will just leave that part of the figure harden for a few days while I work on the set of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment