Friday 10 January 2014

Gothic Illustrators



For the new Brief I am thinking of using punk/gothic characters so I went to look at books in the college library and I came across these Illustrators . These are all gothic Illustrators which I liked most from that book.





Eri Kamijo- Illustrator

She is a freelance illustrator who also works on many other things such as T-shirt Designs, CD covers, phone covers and illustrations for online games and mobile sites.





Most of her images seem to be black with little amount of colours in them but that is what I like most about them. I'm not sure why but I like that style. I was also thinking of only using little amount of colour for my own characters in my animation and the rest was just going to be black and white. I like the fine lines of the figures and the way the she draws hair. It makes the characters look delicate and beautiful. Her works look magical.




Here are links to see more of the works.

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/erikamijo.digipop

 Website:
http://digipop.to/


 Yoh- Illustrator


                                       
 He also creates illustrations for magazines, standby illustrations for cell phones, and sponsor/participate in events and trade fairs and collaborating with fashion brands.
This style is similar to one of my classmates but Yoh's
are kind of creepy and remind me of Alice in Wonderland and other Fables. I think adding colours would ruin these pictures. They look good in just black and white. I like the depth in the artist's pictures. These are all pen drawings.



Webpage:
Gin Jaba Tank- Illustrator  
His subjects matters are rococo, gothic lolita, and fantasy in the middle age. The way he uses colours in his images suits the subject matter well as they all remind me of  Fantasy Fairytales.  
Sadly I couldn't find his webpage.






Tama

Only using Watercolour she creates girlish- orientated topics. The gothic side really comes through in these paintings. The girls in the images might look cute but most pictures contain something creepy
and dark in them. I like using Watercolour myself because I love the effect it creates.






Here is a link to see many more of her works:


No comments:

Post a Comment