Monday 13 January 2014

Animation Short- Description, Visual, Mood Board

Written Description: 

The story is about a boy in his late teens who spends his spare time beating up others without a second thought of the consequences he might cause.

One day a young man accidentally bumps into him and the teenager's anger grows and he once again throws his fists at a complete stranger.The teenager kicks and punches the young man till he can barely breathe. Then suddenly, a pair of binoculars fall onto the teenager's head. Confused he picks them up and looks through them. Out of shock from what he has just seen he drops to the floor and looks through the binoculars once more. He can see the man's soul leaving his body. Panicked the teenager runs over to him and tries o save the man he has just beat up.

After nearly having killed someone he begins to understand what he has been doing wrong all this time and starts to consider the consequences he might have caused for all of the previous people he has already beaten up. His way of looking at things broadened and has gone beyond the things one sees at first glance.

The following day the teenager walks past an alleyway and notices a girl about to be mugged and decides to use his fighting- ability for something good for once and helps her.



Visual:





Mood Board: 

Manga:
All the following manga contain interesting fighting scenes and my animation will have some fighting scenes too.

XS by Song Ji-Hyoung
I like the look of the characters in this manga they all look really cool. I also like the drawing style of the characters and I like the urban setting.











Green Boy by Jung Jae-han
The fighting scenes almost look like they are moving and one can see the power in the punches. I like that. They also look slightly 3D.






Girl's of the Wild's by Hun
This manga has the best looking fighting scenes in my opinion.





Noblesse by Son Jae-ho
This manga also contains some interesting fighting scenes.



Video:

The next two video's are actually similar in parts. They both have the view of the feet which I am also thinking of using in my animation.

Animatrix- Kid's Story
I love the style of this animation and I was thinking of doing something like that but in black and white apart from the characters green hair.









One Ok Rock Music Video- Etcetra



Photographs of Graffiti and alleyways:
Here are pictures of alleyways and graffiti which I took myself. Most of my story is set in alleyways.








 


Other:


The guitarist from the band Icon for Hire inspired my character for this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment